All projects start somewhere. A quick search for ‘ux architecture’ returns a lot of results – but many are talking about the software-type of architecture, and that’s not immediately helpful to work out what questions we need to be asking. Here’s a curated list of UX-related articles that are actually crossing over with the AEC-type of architecture.
- What Architecture Can Adopt from User Experience Design, Archipreneur, 31 December 2018
- Drawing Parallels: Architecture and UX Design, Sheena Lyonnais, Adobe Blog, 21 August 2017
- Oh behave! Survey stories and lessons learned from building occupants in high-performance buildings, Julia K. Day, William O’Brien, Energy Research & Social Science, Volume 31, September 2017
- Architecture vs UX, C., Medium, UX Planet 12 November, 2017
- High-efficiency building bloopers revealed through occupant studies, Erik Gomez, Washington State University, 13 November 2017
- Architecture’s UX Problem, Kelsey Campbell-Dollaghan, Fast Company, 16 November 2017
- What UX Designers can Learn from Architects, Ling Lim, UX Booth, 13 October 2015
- Why UX Designers Need to Think like Architects, Rima Reda, UX Magazine, 23 April 2014
- What does User Experience Design have to do with Architecture?, Helena Lazaro, General Assembly, 7 August 2014
- Why a Career in UX Design is Perfect for Dissatisfied Architects, Gavin Johns, ArchDaily, 1 July 2019
- The intersection between Architecture and (so-called) UX Design, Marcin Ukleja, Medium, UX Collective, 4 June, 2018
- From Architect to UI/UX Designer — 9 things I did in the first year., Linda Bailey, Medium, Prototypr.io, 17 November 2017
- Why architects make great UX designers, Joe McKendrick, ZDNet, 26 March, 2016
Do you know of any more? I’d love to see them – comment below.